Thursday, November 19, 2015

Review: Avocado Chloe Folie 70J

I like to keep my eye out for new releases in Avocado as they are not very frequent and I'm a big fan of the brand. Since the overhaul in cuts (scrapping the A/K/H cuts in favour of the RV and NF), I have been cautious about trying either of the new cuts. It can take such a long time to find a good fit sometimes and I was kind of set on my A and K ones. Trying a whole new style felt a bit of a risky expensive purchase, but I was already buying one of the sale A cuts, so I thought I may as well try one of the new ones at the same time if I'm paying the postage. 

 
NB: stock photo from website

The look of the Chloe Folie really appealed to me as I love greys, and I went for the RV as it is supposedly a mash up of the A and K cuts I like so much (whereas the NF has replaced the Hn cut which did not work for me at all).


CHLOE FOLIE 70J (CUT RV)


 

SIZING/FIT


Band-wise, the length is pretty great. This is probably the firmest 70 band in Avocado that I've tried. It measures spot on 30". My actual ribcage measures 30" so the band is firm but comfortably so. My Calypso in the same size measured 30.8" and the Annick in love 31.1". It seems like the newer released bras (last couple of seasons) are firmer in the band than the ones from older releases (e.g. Greta, Creole). I don't mind that they run firmer, I just hope the sizes are consistent now, since returns to Poland are a bit tedious. 


If you were to make the A cut and K cut have a baby, it would be the RV. The cups aren't as tall on the sides as the A cut, and there's not quite so much openness in the cup as the K cut. However, the gore height on this one is super high, measuring at 4 inches - quite higher than both the A cut Calypso and K cut Annick in Love that I own (both in 70J). For me, this rules out wearing this bra with anything remotely low cut, which is really frustrating. I will say, however, that the gore is still narrow enough and doesn't dig into my breast tissue. 



 

APPEARANCE 


I really thought this was a grey when I bought it. I love grey clothing and I've wanted grey lingerie for ages. The Chloe Folie is not grey at all, it is more of a pale taupe. After my initial disappointment, I realised this colour would still be great under white/pale clothing. I have the Caprice in caramel but it is quite darker and yellower than my skin tone. There is much less contrast with the Chloe Folie, making it another option for fairer skin tones to wear under light coloured clothing.

Apart from the colour, the first thing I noticed about the bra was the pretty lace. It is very soft (much softer than all the other Avocado bras I've tried), as is the lining, making it insanely comfortable as well.



SHAPE 


The RV is really nicely rounded with a few differences compared to the A and K cuts. I think it is less projected at the apex than the A cut, but more open on top, so less likely to quad and gives a softer, rounder profile whereas the A gives a more natural rounded shape. While the lace at the edge of the cups is not stretchy, it is soft enough that is is quite forgiving if you are almost-quadding (like on hormonal days). The cups also hold the breasts quite close to the body, definitely closer than the K cut, but not so much that it is a minimiser/makes you look wider.



Admittedly, this side view looks like I am quadding a bit. It doesn't in real life. The angle of the photo might be contributing to the photo-quad view, I think it's actually the top of the other breast that is showing there. 

I've drawn in black where my actual breast tissue stops. So, you can see the wire goes back a little far. While not ideal, I don't actually mind this, I barely even noticed until I saw it in the picture as it doesn't poke at all.  




VERDICT


I think the Chloe Folie is absolutely lovely and clearly good quality. The RV is a good design and gives a great shape, but I can see the high gore being a problem with other women (it's certainly a downside for me). I would much rather it be even half an inch shorter. I'm going to keep the Chloe Folie to wear to work as I definitely feel supported and secure in this style, and it would be perfect under my lighter coloured crew necks. I doubt I will end up buying another RV cut bra, though, since I am so limited with the styles of tops I can wear with it.


I've included my bratabase measurements below.







No comments:

Post a Comment