Sunday, July 12, 2015

Review: Avocado Annick in Love in 70J and 65K



ANNICK IN LOVE - PLUM 70J (CUT K)

NB: Stock photo from website


SIZING
Figuring out my current size was a bit difficult as I've lost a few cup sizes and a band size in the last several months, from a 32J to a 30H/HH. Previous Avocado bras I've tried (in order) are the red Nina in 75K, Creole in Cassis A cut in 70L, Greta  A cut in 75K and 70K and, most recently, two Caprice A cuts in 65L in black and caramel. The fits of all of these have not been very consistent. The Nina 75K was more like a loose 32 band, the Gretas and Creole ran generous and the Caprice 65L seemed to be the best fit, although I needed an extender for a while for comfort.

Since I have experienced such fit discrepancies between sizes/styles, I looked up reviews for the Annick in Love and checked the bratabase measurements and guessed that the 70J would be a good fit. I think this is meant to be equivalent to about a 32GG, but the band only stretches to 31 inches, so it feels more like a loose 30H and I can do it up on the tightest hook straight away. Wearing it on the middle hook is still comfortable, but I think I will need to invest in a rixie clip for when it stretches out. For reference, my current band measurements are loose 31", comfortably firm 30", tight 29".

The one negative thing I have to say about this bra is the straps. Although they are very comfortable and I'm glad they aren't super thick/wide or ugly... I think they are a bit too stretchy. Because of this, it feels like you need to do them up tighter.

The underwires are quite narrow but not as narrow as the same size in the Calypso A cut. They also don't come up very high under the arm, so pokey wires are not an issue at all. Like all Avocado bras, the centre gore is quite narrow, which is perfect for my close-set boobs.



APPEARANCE

I really love the contrast of the deep plum and the hot pink. When I was purchasing the bra, I didn't realise it had little bows in the centre gore and at the cup/strap attachment as they are not very obvious in the picture on the site. The bows are hot pink and orange and when I received the bra, I was a bit iffy on them and though they were a bit much. But after putting on the bra, I think they are nice little touches and I think the colours all complement each other very well.

The cup is mostly sheer with a kind of spotty pattern through it, which gives it a bit of texture. While the fabric does not feel very soft when you touch it initially, when it is on, it is incredibly comfortable. It is not scratchy on the skin at all.

Centre gore close up.


SHAPE

When I bought the Annick in Love, it was only available in the K cut. Since receiving the bra, Avocado has released the style in their two new cuts, NF (Natural Firm, replacing the H cut) and RV (Round Versatile, replacing the A and K cuts). 
While they seem to be phasing out the A/K/H cuts, the Annick in Love K cut is still available here in the purple/pink colourway and here in the black/green colourway.  

The shape it gives is very rounded and uplifed, as well as having less coverage than the Avocado A cuts. Despite less coverage, it doesn't give "in your face" cleavage, which I don't like as it makes me feel like my boobs are up to my chin. Because of the less coverage with the cups, I feel less "strapped in" than in the A cut, but I think it would be the perfect bra to wear with low-cut tops/dresses or to go out. The sides of the cup also don't come up as tall as the A cut, which I prefer.
I was a little worried that the top of the cup would be too closed as it has the no-stretch ribbon along the seam and I am relatively full on top, but it was fine (although my left breast is a little bigger, so it quads slightly on that one on days I fluctuate).


MATCHING BOTTOMS

The matching underwear options were thong, classic brief, and the short. I opted for the classic brief, as it supposedly has a higher rise than the short, and I'm not a fan of thongs. 
The front panel of spotted mesh is the same fabric as the cups of the bra, with the same sheerness (there is no panel behind it, despite how the photo appears). 
Having bought a size Medium in the Calypso classic brief, I went for the same size in the Annick in Love. You would assume it would fit the same, but I found that the Annick in Love briefs are definitely smaller, moreso in the stitching.



While both briefs are made from 50% polyester, 45% polyamide and 5% elastane, the stretch fabrics definitely feel different. The taupe fabric on the Calypso briefs is quite softer.  After lying the Annick in Love briefs flat on top of the Calypso ones, there is a slight difference in height and at least an inch difference in the hip width. Because of this, the Annick in Love briefs fit slightly lower and smaller and don't fit as smoothly on me. They are still wearable, though, and I'd say they fit like an Australian size 10.


MEASUREMENTS  




ANNICK IN LOVE - BLACK 65K (CUT K)


NB: Stock photo from website



SIZING

As I had already tried the Annick in Love in the 70J and could do it up on the tightest hook right away, I decided to get a 65K in the black/green colourway and take advantage of a promotional email they had sent me for Mother's Day.
Whoa, it was tight! The band only stretches to 28.5 inches. I definitely need an extender with this one! This is meant to be like a 30H, but fits more like a 28HH. This could mean that the style is a good option for women needing smaller band sizes, as the 60 band may fit more like a 26 band, and there aren't many of those around! 




APPEARANCE

The sheer material is obviously exactly the same as the purple, with the same pattern (which is a bit more obvious in the photo of the black). Unlike the purple colourway, which has the orange and hot pink bows in the centre gore and at the attachments of the cup/strap, the black colourway only has the one bow in the centre and nothing at the wing/strap seam, which I think was the right decision for this bra. The black and green with the tiny touch of red fit perfectly.


Centre gore close up. 

I didn't bother getting the briefs for the black and green colourway. I have black undies aplenty and spending the money on exactly-matching ones seemed like overkill, even though I think the touch of green would be really nice. If they released some in full brief style (they currently offer the classic brief, thong and short), I would consider getting them next time I purchase something off the site, though.


MEASUREMENTS



8 comments:

  1. Checkout zivame coupons & promotional codes here you can find wide range of women dresses, lingere, nightwears.
    Zivame Coupons | Zivame Promotional Codes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such an informative article. I really enjoyed it.

    going out dresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spot on with this article, I really think this website needs more attention. I'll probably be back to read more, thanks for the info.
    sexy shop online

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am undeniably thankful to you for providing us with this invaluable related information. My spouse and I are easily grateful, quite frankly the documents we needed.
    sexy shop online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Day I Am So Happy I Found Your Website, I Found You By Mistake, While I Was Searching for something else. Overall nice blog, keep it up. You can also check: Ad Posting Jobs Without Registration Fee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this website very much so much fantastic information. site web

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that true? I�ll spread this details. Anyway, awesome material site link

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, it was a really good post. In concept I must invest writing this way moreover � taking time and actual effort to manufacture a top notch article� but what can I say� I procrastinate alot and by no indicates appear to get something carried out. why not try here

    ReplyDelete